business, Make Money Online
Create a website in a weekend challenge. Day 1: Register
Welcome to my 3-day CREATE A WEBSITE IN A WEEKEND e-course. Today, I will teach you all about registering that first website.
Why Should You Start A Website Today
I’m not saying that impulsive decisions will always get you to the right place, but sometimes all you need to do is JUST START.
For this reason, I wanted to make things a bit easier for you & encourage you to at least give it a go. Trust me, you will learn everything you need to know along the way.
Building a career online can open so many doors for you! Roll up your sleeves & let’s get to work.
Step 1: Register
If you are interested in creating a thriving website that actually brings you income, then paying for trust-worthy hosting, such as through Bluehost, is a MUST. Don’t worry, it’s very cheap as well to go through Bluehost AND you get a free domain too. This way, you will be able to run your own shop or implement advertisements or affiliate links into your website.
Making money on free website builders or any other free blogging platform is very difficult, and in most cases never happens. Most customers, advertisers, and companies are looking for trust-worthy partners & your self-hosted WordPress website can help you give that outstanding experience to your potential clients.
My own income I make online didn’t take off until right at the exact moment I switched to WordPress. That’s a lot of proof right there that being self-hosted on WordPress is the way to go!
There are many reasons for why you may want to choose Bluehost for your WordPress website, here are just a few:
- It’s easy to use. Trust me, ANYONE can create a website easily with my tutorial below.
- Bluehost web hosting offers free 24/7 technical support.
- Bluehost is extremely affordable and they offer cheap web hosting. You can have a blog of your own and the only real expense you need to pay is the cheap blog hosting which starts at just $3.95 per month.
- You get a FREE blog domain for the first year.
- WordPress through Bluehost is completely FREE.
- Bluehost offers a guarantee in case you determine that it is not for you. Or, if you sign up for Bluehost, but you are confused for any reason (such as how to set it up, picking a plan, pricing, etc.), you can always send me an email or tweet me and I will help you out.
- You will be self-hosted. If you want to monetize your website, you’re more than able to do so.
- You will create a professional, easy to use the website for the price of a cup of coffee.
Visit Bluehost + click on the ‘See Hosting Plans‘ button to be taken to plan-comparison page.
In the next page, select SHARED plans option to choose from available plans.
To receive the cheapest price to start a website, choosing the “Basic” plan is really all you need for now. It’s only $3.95 per month (due upfront in full) if you sign up for 36 months, which is a great price. You might find cheaper alternatives elsewhere, but you will end up paying extra for your domain name, security, SSL certifications etc. Bluehost really has anything you need for now.
Step 2: Choose a domain name.
After selecting your plan, you will get an option to choose a domain name you’d like to use:
Type your choice in and click on PROCEED!
Step 3: Complete The Form.
Now, you will be taken to a form to fill out your login deets and your personal information. Fill all of the required fields and move on to your purchase information. Here, you will be able to choose monthly payments if you’re not in a place to pay upfront. However, I highly recommend signing up for at least 36 months period straight away. You will actually save quite a lot of money this way and won’t need to worry about making monthly payments as you grow!
Next, choose if you want to get any additional services, but don’t worry if you don’t feel like you need them at the moment. You can always get back for all of these add-ons!
Proceed to your payment information and make sure to finish off your order, choose to SUBMIT all of the information and continue to the next step to fill out your payment deets & complete the order.
Step 4: Launch WordPress
Now, all that’s left to do is log in to your newly created account & start working on that website.
This part isn’t hard at all. Bluehost makes it very easy to create a WordPress website and it is FREE.
- After you finish your registration, Bluehost guides you through every step you need to do in order to start a WordPress website.
- First, Bluehost will ask you to pick a theme. You can just skipthis step for now.
- Click on “Start Building”
WOOHOO! You now have a WordPress website.
Here it is, your WordPress blog is now live and ready for you to start using straight away! That was quick, huh? I told you! Tomorrow, we will learn all about designing your own website.
Or, if you want to do it right now, head over to kotrynabassdesign.com, choose a theme and keep following the instructions!
« 10 Top Entrepreneurs Share Tips On Starting A New Business
Create a website in a weekend. Day 2: Design. »