10 Top Entrepreneurs Share Tips On Starting A New Business
I absolutely love following the work of other entrepreneurs. To be fair, most of them really have pretty similar patterns when we analyze what makes them successful. For this reason, I’ve decided to share thoughts from 10 well-known entrepreneurs and see what they’ve shared about taking initiative & starting a new venture. Hope these quotes inspire you to finally get that online business going or at least start a new website for it:
- “Don’t take too much advice. Most people who have a lot of advice to give — with a few exceptions — generalize whatever they did. Don’t over-analyze everything. I myself have been guilty of over-thinking problems. Just build things and find out if they work.” — Ben Silbermann, founder of Pinterest
- “If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.” — Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook.
- “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” — Scott Belsky, co-founder of Behance
- “Don’t try to be original, just try to be good.” — Paul Rand, Graphic Designer.
- “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” — Wayne Huizenga, prolific American business person, owner of Blockbuster Video and the Miami Dolphins.
- “I never dreamed about success, I worked for it.” — Estee Lauder, founder of Estee Lauder Cosmetics.
- “Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.” — Oprah Winfrey.
- “Embrace what you don’t know, especially in the beginning, because what you don’t know can become your greatest asset. It ensures that you will absolutely be doing things different from everybody else.” — Sara Blakely, founder of SPANX
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis, British writer.
- “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” — Colin Powell, US statesman and retired four-star General in the United States Army.
The reason I’ve put this post together is that I get a lot of full-of-doubt messages from you guys. It is devastating for me to see so many of you stopping themselves from actually starting their dream life right this minute.
I want to show that we’re in this together. The only difference between you and those people you envy is their ability to take action. You can do it too, all you need is a little belief in yourself.
« Interested in starting an online business? Here’s what you need to do next.
Create a website in a weekend challenge. Day 1: Register »